Revised post! Found another challenge to enter my card to.
Hello everyone. Back again with another Try Stampin’ on Tuesday sketch. The theme is Peace. Here is the sketch. I also found a site called Merry Monday and the challenge from them is to use a Bird on the card. So I am submitting my card to both challenges.
And here is the card I am submitting.
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Glitter paper
- Ink: VersaMark, Midnight Muse
- Stamps: Calm Christmas (Stampin’ Up)
- Embossing Buddy
- Embossing Powder (White)
- Embossing tray or coffee filter or piece of scrap paper (whatever you use for embossing powder)
- Heat Tool
- Sponge or dauber
- Small flower punch
- Perfect Layers Tool
- Adhesive, dimensionals, repositionable glue
- Masking technique*
Assembling the card:
- Form a 5.5″ x 4.25″ card from Midnight Muse cardstock and Set aside.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 3.25″ x 4″
- Use the embossing buddy on this entire piece of cardstock (from step 2)
- Stamp the Dove from Calm Christmas in VersaMark ink
- Pour white embossing powder over image and tap off excess. Heat emboss.
- *Masking Technique: Stamp dove on a piece of scrap paper (I used computer paper) and cut out around the image.
- Use repositionable glue and adhere over the embossed image to form a mask and to keep the color from getting on the image.
- Use sponge (or dauber) and Midnight Muse ink and sponge around the image as shown. Remove mask when finished.
- Using the Perfect Layers tool make a 1/16″ border around the sponged piece or cut 3 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ piece of white cardstock and adhere.
- Lay the image on the front of your card to determine where you will stamp “Peace on Earth”. Then set aside the image.
- Use the embossing buddy on this area of the front of the card and then stamp “Peace on Earth” in VersaMark ink.
- Pour on White embossing powder, tap off excess, and heat emboss.
- Adhere image piece to front of card.
- Punch out 4 small flowers (or shape of your choosing) from glitter paper. Adhere to front of card as shown using dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 5.25″ x 4″ and stamp sentiment from Calm Christmas in Midnight Muse. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig for alignment.
- Adhere to inside of the card.
This card is actually my second one that I made. The first card I didn’t use the masking technique and I wasn’t sure if I liked it or not so I tried the second card. Here is the first card. Let me know which card you like better.
I hope you get a chance to try this card and the masking technique. The hardest part of the masking technique was cutting around the leaves on the branch but using my Xacto knife made it a little easier.
Have a great day and Happy Stamping!