I wanted to take a moment to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We celebrated with our kids and grandkids on Tuesday evening with lots of great food and fun.
This is our family picture
And since we were here by ourselves yesterday, I made a Christmas card (I’m starting on cards for next year) CASEd from this site http://stampingingeorge.blogspot.com/2012/10/christmas-cards.html.
What you will need:
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red
- DSP: Candlelight Christmas (retired Stampin’ Up). it is the “flocked” transparent paper in that pack.
- Ink: Real Red
- Stamps: Ornamental Keepsakes, More Merry Messages
- Ribbon: Real Red 1/8″ taffeta ribbon
- Adhesives: tape runner, glue dots
Assembling the card:
- Form a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4″ card from white cardstock.
- Cut a piece of Real Red cardstock 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Cut a piece of Whisper White 2″ x 4″ and stamp the ornament. Adhere to Real Red piece. Set aside.
- Cut DSP 3 1/8″ x 1 15/16″ and set aside
- Cut two pieces of Whisper White 3 1/8″ x 1 15/16″. On one piece stamp sentiment from More Merry Messages (use the Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement). Adhere to front of card as shown. On the other piece adhere the DSP to it using small glue dots. Adhere to front of card as shown.
- Make bow and attach to ornament.
- Stamp sentiment inside. I used one from the More Merry Messages as well.
Now that I have the measurements down, this should be a pretty easy card to make so I plan to make several more to add to my stash for next year.
I hope you have a blessed holiday season. Until next time,