Hi everyone! My daughter-in-law recently had a birthday and so I CASEd this card from Sandy Mathis at http://www.StampwithSandy.com
This is my card that I made for my daughter-in-law.
Supplies you will need:
- Stamps: Stippled Blossoms, Wetlands (greeting)
- Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Primrose Petals, Whisper White
- Inks: Pretty in Pink, Primrose Petals, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive
- Fancy Fan embossing folder, Cuttlebug or Big Shot or whatever machine you have for embossing folders
- Baker’s twine, white
- Perfect Layers tool
- Adhesive, dimensionals, Tombow Glue, Scrappy Tape
Assembling the card:
- Form a card base in Pretty in Pink that measures 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Layer 1 – Primrose Petals 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Layer 2 – Whisper White 5 1/4″ x 4″ (or use Perfect Layers tool with 1/16″ margin on Primrose Petals (layer 1))
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 2 1/2″ x 4 1/4″. Place on Primrose Petals cardstock and using Perfect Layers tool cut a 1/16″ border. Stamp greeting as shown. ( I laid out my flowers where I wanted them to be to decide where the greeting would be placed)
- Cut a piece of Primrose Petals 4 1/8″ x 1 3/4″ and run it through the Fancy Fan Folder. Set aside.
- On Whisper White cardstock stamp Stippled Blossom in Pretty in Pink twice.
- Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig stamp the contrasting blossom in Primrose Petals ink.
- Stamp three sets of leaves in Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive
- Now the fun part, fussy cut the flowers and leaves * (we need framelits for the Stippled Blossoms stamp set!)
- Assemble the layers as shown and then tie the Baker’s twine around all the layers and tie a bow.
- Attach to card front.
- Attach flowers with dimensionals. Using Scrappy Tape, I then adhered the leaves to the flowers
- Using a small dot of Tombow glue, attach the buttons as shown.
*If you are really not a fan of fussy cutting, you could probably use the stamp set and framelits for Secret Garden in place of the Stippled Blossoms and have a great looking card as well. Maybe even use Velum and color the flowers. Hmmm, I might even give that a try! Stay tuned.
Let me know what you think of this card in the comments below. I would love to hear from you!
I hope that the weather is warming up for you wherever you are and that spring will come to you soon! I know I’m ready for it!
Until next time, Happy Stamping