Hi again everyone!
Hope you are staying warm wherever you are. I think all of the USA is in the grips of old man winter. It is definitely good weather to stay inside and create and I’ve done just that. Today I am entering a card in the Try Stampin’ on Tuesday sketch challenge. Here is the sketch we are to use.
Our youngest grandchild turns 4 next week so I used this sketch to make his card. He loves dinosaurs and he can name them all! Such a smart kid!
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit
- DSP: Birthday Basics (retired Stampin’ Up)
- Watercolor paper
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn “Critters from the Past”, Hero Arts “Happy Birthday”
- Ink: Black Staz-on, Gumball Green
- Aqua painter
- Gumball Green ribbon
- Candy dots (don’t know brand)
- Adhesives: tape runner, Scrappy Tape 1/4″
- Perfect Layers tool
Assembling the card:
- Form a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card from the Summer Starfruit cardstock and set aside.
- Cut a piece of watercolor paper 3″ x 3″.
- Stamp image (dinosaur for this card) in black Staz-On ink
- Use Gumball Green ink and the Aqua painter to color the dinosaur. Set aside to dry.
- Cut a piece of Gumball Green cardstock to 3″ x 4″ and a piece of the DSP 3 1/4″ x 4″
- Adhere the DSP to the Gumball Green piece (NOTE: I overlapped them about an inch but when they are together, it will measure 5 1/4″ x 4″ same as a standard mat for a card)
- Wrap ribbon around seam and secure to the back of this panel. Adhere panel to the front of the card.
- Take the watercolor piece with the dinosaur on it and adhere (I used the Scrappy Tape here) to a scrap of Gumball Green and using the Perfect Layers tool, make a 1/16″ border around this piece or cut a piece of Gumball Green cardstock 3 1/8″ x 3 1/8″ and center watercolor paper with the image on it to this piece of cardstock.
- Adhere to front of card as shown using dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiments from the Lawn Fawn stamp set (rawr! your’re dino-mite) on the front of the card.
- Embellish with candy dots as shown
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 5 1/4″ x 4″ and stamp “Happy Birthday” in Gumball Green. Adhere to inside of card.
There you have it, a CAS (clean and simple) birthday card. This sketch could also work for many different occasions, so it is very versatile.
Until next time,