It’s beginning to feel (or maybe even look) like Christmas where you are so I was inspired to make another wine bottle decoration.
Supplies you will need:
- Green wine bottle
- Red burlap (5 1/2″ wide)
- Printed burlap ribbon (2 1/2″ wide)
- Tan jute
- Christmas pick (holly berries/leaves for this bottle)
- 1/2″ wide Scrappy Tape*
- Tombow glue
- Hot glue gun
Putting it all together:
- Wash the bottle in soapy water and remove any labels. Let dry.
- Using the red burlap, measure enough to go around your bottle and overlap in the back about inch or so.
- Using the Scrappy Tape (see below for more information on Scrappy Tape) place it on the short edge of the red burlap then adhere the burlap to the bottle.
- Put Scrappy Tape on the other end, wrap the bottle tightly and secure overlapping the burlap.
- Measure a piece of the printed burlap ribbon to fit around the bottle and overlap about an inch.
- Put the Scrappy Tape on the short end and then starting at the back of the bottle center the ribbon on the red burlap
- Put Scrappy Tape on the other end and wrap tightly around the bottle and secure to the back.
- Next wrap the tan jute around the top of the bottle as shown. For this I used the Tombow glue. Start even with the back seam of the burlap and wrap securing it at the top, again at the back of the bottle.
- Heat up the glue gun and while it is heating up figure out the placement for your Christmas pick. Cut off excess wire if necessary.
- Using the glue gun use a fairly generous amount of glue and attach the pick. Allow to dry for a few minutes.
Quick and easy and fun to make!
*What is Scrappy Tape?
Scrappy Tape comes on a roll of 30 feet in various sizes ranging from 1/8″ to 1 1/2″. This tape is a paper thin, double-sided tape and it is very strong. I use it on cards, scrapbook pages, and 3-D projects when I want to have a strong hold on the project I am working on. It is sold online at scrapbookpal.com. I have all the widths because they were sold in a bundle for an awesome price a few months back! You might think what would I use 1 1/2″ tape size for but I have actually used that quite often for panels on cards where I needed extra hold. You can also just use it for your every day projects as well. 30 yards can go a long way!
Have a great day and happy crafting!