I’m in Pennsylvania where we had some snow last night! It is the first measurable snow that I have seen in 25 years and it was only about an inch of the white stuff!
It’s hard to believe that Christmas is just around the corner so I got some inspiration from my sister and made this really cute wine bottle decoration.
Supplies you will need:
- Wine bottle (one that is frosted)
- Snowflake stickers
- Scrappy Tape or Tombow Glue
Decorating the wine bottle:
- Peel off the label on the wine bottle. (or if paper label, soak it off using hot water with white vinegar in it. Let the bottle soak for awhile and the label just about falls off)
- If you do not have a frosted wine bottle you can buy etching spray paint that will give the same effect. I haven’t used it so not sure how it works.
- After the label is removed, use Un-Du or some other adhesive remover to get the rest of the glue from the label off the bottle.
- Let the bottle dry completely
- Randomly place the snowflake stickers on the bottle as desired.
- Wrap a piece of lace around the top of the bottle. I used Scrappy Tape to adhere it to the bottle and then I overlapped the lace slightly and taped it to itself. Tombow glue will work just as well because it dries clear.
This is so easy to make. If you have never done wine bottle art, this would be a really simple bottle to make as a first attempt at decorating wine bottles. then you;ll be hooked!!
Have a great day!