Hi, I’m back again with another challenge from Try Stampin’ on Tuesday #192 Warm and Fuzzy challenge. I’m glad for these challenges as they are getting my creative juices flowing again and I am happy about that.
So here is the sketch:
And here is my card.
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
- Watercolor paper
- Christmas DSP
- Stampin’ Write markers: Old Olive, Always Artichoke
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Momento black
- Blendabilities markers skin tone assortment
- Stamps: Greeting Card Kids, More Merry Messages, Seasonal Sentiments
- Gumball Green yarn (This is the Warm and Fuzzy part of the challenge)
- Stickles clear glitter glue
- Adhesive, dimensionals, Tombow Glue
- Making Memories oval
- Ticket punch
- Sewing machine and coordinating thread
Assembling the card:
- Take an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of Cherry Cobbler and cut to form a 5″ x 7″ card (Cut the 8.5″ side to 7 inches and cut the 11″ side to 10 inches.) Score and fold in half
- Cut two pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock 4.75 x 6.75″ . (one is for the inside of the card)
- Cute a piece of DSP 4.5″ x 6.5″.
- Adhere the DSP to the very vanilla cardstock and sew around the border with coordinating thread (I just did a straight stitch but you could do a zig-zag too) Adhere to front of card.
- Stamp image from the Greeting Card Kids stamp set in Momento ink onto the Water color paper.
- Color as shown (I used a combination of markers, Blendabilities, and blender pen and ink pad for the coloring)
- On the white parts of the hat, coat, and scarf I used the Stickles clear glitter glue. After doing this, set aside to dry.
- Cut out the image using the oval (either from Making memories or framelit)
- Using Tombow glue put a small amount around the edge of the oval and adhere the Yarn. (this is the Warm and Fuzzy part of the challenge!). Allow to dry.
- While that is drying, stamp “Season’s Greeting” on water color paper in Cherry Cobbler ink. Trim and then punch the corners with the ticket punch
- Adhere to front of card with dimensionals.
- When dry, attach the oval to the front of the card with dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment on the second piece of Very Vanilla cardstock in Cherry Cobbler and then adhere to inside of the card.
I like this sketch as it’s very versatile and can be used for any occasion. I hope you will give it a try. Until next time, Happy Stamping!