Hi again! Hope you are all enjoying the fabulous fall weather we are having. From what I hear, it’s gorgeous over most of the USA! So I was in the mood for a challenge and so I went back to Try Stampin’ on Tuesday to see what they had to challenge me with. I haven’t done a challenge for quite awhile with all the summer and fall traveling we were doing, it just wasn’t feasible to do any challenges. But now that we’ve got our last trip under our belts for the year, it’s time to get stampin’ and creatin’!
So this is the sketch.
The challenge (if we choose to take it) is to use this sketch on anything but a card. So I used a wine bottle. Here’s what I came up with.
Supplies you will need:
- An empty wine bottle (the fun part is emptying it!)
- Black jute, tan jute for bow
- Halloween ribbon
- Lawn Fawn stamps and dies (Spooktacular stamp set and matching dies)
- Ultra thin super hold glue dots
- Tombow Glue
Making the bottle:
- After wine bottle is emptied, wash in soapy water and let dry completely
- If there is metal ribbing around the top of the bottle remove it – be careful not to cut yourself
- Since I am covering the whole bottle in jute, I do not remove the paper labels
- Start at the bottom of the bottle and put a small ribbon of Tombow glue all the way around the bottom edge of the bottle
- Then start wrapping the jute. I go around once and then wait a minute or two so that the glue has started to dry and the jute is stable.
- Continue wrapping and applying glue (I just zig-zag some glue over about a 3/4 inch area on the bottle and wrap my jute.
- After a couple of rows of wrapping the jute, stop and slide it down onto itself so that you do not have any of the bottle showing through.
- Continue wrapping for a few more rows, slide the jute down onto itself), apply more glue.
- Follow steps 7-8 until you have completely wrapped the bottle. Depending on the bottle you use, you may need to only wrap a row or two at a time around the neck of the bottle and slide it down onto itself. At this point, I will wait a few minutes and let the glue dry a bit to hold the jute in place.
- Decorate the bottle as desired. I stamped the ghosts in Versafine ink and then cut out with the matching die
- For this project I used the glue dots to adhere the ribbon, the ghosts, and the sentiment. Then I tied a bow with the brown jute at the neck of the bottle.
Have a safe Halloween. Happy Stamping!