Back again with another CAS Christmas card. This one would be very quick to make and the embossing on the cards is just the right touch to give it a little oomph!! So, here’s the card. My inspiration for this card came from Lynn at http://creativecraftsbylynn.blogspot.ca/search/label/Christmas?updated-max=2012-03-23T07:10:00-05:00&max-results=20&start=40&by-date=false (You’ll have to scroll down some in her posts to find her card.) Mine is basically the same, just used different DSP. She also has some other cute cards there that I may have to CASE as well.
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
- DSP: Season of Style Paper pack
- Stamp set: Dasher, More Merry Messages
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler, VersaMark
- Silver embossing powder
- Embossing buddy
- Tray or plate
- Stickles glitter glue (or red bling)
- Heat tool
- Perfect Layers tool
- Adhesive, dimensionals
Assembling the card:
- Form a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card with the Whisper White cardstock.
- Cut DSP to measure 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Cut Cherry Cobbler to measure 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (or use Perfect Layers tool and make a 1/16″ border)
- Adhere to card base.
- Cute a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 3 1/4″ x 2 3/4″. To the right side of this piece use your embossing buddy,then stamp the Dasher stamp in the VersaMark.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of silver embossing powder over the image over the tray (or plate) and tap off excess. Heat emboss with the heat tool.
- Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig stamp “Season’s Greetings” on the left side of this panel as shown. I like to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the placement exactly where I want it – and it’s straight too!
- Mat this piece onto Cherry Cobbler measuring 3 3/8″ x 2 7/8″
- Using dimensionals, adhere this panel to the card front as shown.
- Add three dots of red Stickles glue or if you have red bling, use those. You could even use the clear bling and color with a red sharpie!
I hope you find some inspiration here. I’ll be posting a few more Christmas cards for Christmas in July, so stay tuned! Now I’m headed out to the pool to cool off. Weather wise, it is not Christmas here! Have a great day!