Merry Christmas!! As of today, it is only 5 months until Christmas! With that in mind, I decided to share some CAS (clean and simple) Christmas cards. These are cards that would be easy to make multiples of for all your friends and family on your Christmas Card list. I will share these cards over the next few posts. Enjoy!
This first card is very clean and simple. I think the bow is what makes this card so very pretty and Christmasy.
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke
- DSP I used was some that I bought at a scrapbook store in Florida a few years ago.
- Stamp: Tiny Tags (merry)
- Punch: Tag punch (retired)
- Ribbon – 7/8″ 100% polyester ribbon from Hobby Lobby
- Linen thread
- Perfect Layers tool
- Paper piercer (or small holed punch)
- Adhesive, glue dot
Assembling the card:
- First form a card that measures 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ from the Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Cut DSP to 3 3/4″ x 5″ and mat on the Always Artichoke which measures 4″ x 5 1/4″ (or use Perfect Layers tool to create a 1/8″ border around the DSP)
- Next tie a bow around the center of the above matted piece. Trim ends
- On a scrap piece of Very Vanilla stamp “merry” from the Tiny Tags stamp set. Punch out with the tag punch. Punch out another tag in the Always Artichoke.
- Punch a hole in the top of each tag and thread with linen thread. Attach to bow as shown.
- I used a clear glue dot behind the center of the bow to keep it in place on the card front.
- Adhere this matted piece to the card front.
- Stamp a sentiment on the inside of the card or leave blank for your own personal message.
Well, Merry Christmas! Keep watching for more Christmas cards over the next few days/weeks.