Today’s post is a card I made for our grandson who turned 17 on July 1. I can’t believe it! It just seems like yesterday that he was born!! Time sure does fly! So here’s the card!
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: Soft Suede, Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White, Very Vanilla
- Stamps: Need for Speed, Gorgeous Grunge
- Ink: Soft suede, Summer Starfruit, Black Staz-On
- Embossing folder: Chevron pattern
- DSP: Comfort Cafe (retired Stampin’ Up)
- Perfect Layers tool
- Adhesives, dimensionals
Assembling the card:
- Form card 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ from Soft Suede cardstock
- Cut the Midnight Muse to 3 3/4″ x 5″ and run through the Cuttllebug (or the embossing machine you have) using the Chevron embossing folder.
- Cut a piece of DSP to adhere to the midnight muse piece above (oops! I forgot to write the measurement down but I think it was 1 3/4″ x 5″) .
- Cut a strip of Summer Starfruit (or use ribbon – I didn’t have matching ribbon for this project) to measure 1/4″ x 5 3/4″ and adhere to the midnight muse to cover the seam between the DSP and the cardstock.
- Adhere to Summer Starfruit (see next step)
- Using the Perfect Layers tool create a 1/8″ border around the embossed piece in step 2. If you do not have the Perfect Layers tool, cut a piece of Summer Starfruit cardstock to measure 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere the embossed piece to it.
- Stamp your image in black Staz-On ink on a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measures 3 3/8″ x 2 5/8″. Any of the images from the Need for Speed stamp set will work here.
- Using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, stamp as shown using Soft Suede and Summer Starfruit inks.
- Adhere this piece to Midnight Muse cardstock and make 1/16″ border with Perfect Layers tool. Then adhere this piece to Summer Starfruit and make a 1/16″ border with it.
- Adhere to the front of the card using dimensionals.
- On the inside of the card I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock for my sentiment which was stamped in Soft Suede
This is a fairly easy card to make – it just has lots of layers but goes together quickly. Well, until next time, Happy stamping!