It’s been a busy week and I’ve not had much time for blogging. Here is a card I had made to keep in my stash for just the right occasion. It is a Thinking of You card that I CASEd from Linda Gutierrez from http://www.stampingyearround.com. I ended up sending this card to one of our Tai Chi practice group members as we had found out she has not been feeling well and may need some surgery. We just wanted to let her know that we were thinking about her and wishing her well.
So here is the card
What you will need to make this card:
- Cardstock: Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Whisper White
- Ink: Jet Black Staz-On, Versa-Mark
- Stampin’ Write Markers to color image
- White embossing powder
- Embossing buddy
- Heat gun
- Embossing Folders: Tulip Frame and Designer Frames (oval) embossing folders (EF)
- Small stamp of your choice
- Cuttlebug, Big Shot, etc.
Assembling the card:
- Form a card base with the Not Quite Navy Cardstock to measure 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Emboss the front panel with the Tulip border EF
- Cut Whisper white – three different pieces: one at 3 1/8″ x 4 1/4″ , one at 2 5/8″ x 3 1/4″ and one at 2 1/4″ x 3″
- Center the Designer Frames Oval EF on the smallest piece of Whisper White cardstock and run through machine
- Stamp image in the center of the oval frame using the Staz-On ink. Color as desired.
- Layer this piece onto a piece of Gumball Green cardstock that measures 2 3/8″ x 3 1/8″
- Layer that onto the 2 5/8″ x 3 1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock 2 7/8″ x 4″.
- Stamp sentiment in Versa Mark on this piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock near the bottom as shown on the card. (Don’t forget to use your Embossing Buddy first). Heat Emboss with white embossing powder.
- Attach the piece from Step #7 onto this piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock as shown. Then attach that piece to the largest of the pieces of Whisper White cardstock.
- Attach to card front centering within the Tulip Border.
- For the inside of the card, Cut another piece of Whisper White cardstock 5 1/4″ x 4″, stamp or write your sentiment and then adhere to inside of the card.
This is such a beautiful card and can actually be for many different occasions. Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day and until next time. Happy Stamping!