It’s that time of year for graduations, high school, college, pre-school, kindergarten, 4th grade… everyone is graduating! Since we have a couple graduates in our family this year (our oldest grandson is graduating high school! -already! and one of our granddaughters is graduating 4th grade.), I needed to make some graduation cards. Today I am going to show you one I made for our grandson for his high school graduation. I drew my inspiration from a card I found on Pinterest from Splitcoast Stampers from 2009. You can see that card here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1376205
and here is the card I made
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
- Ink: Black Staz-On
- Stamp Set: Pomp and Circumstance from Stampin’ Up
- Chevron Embossing folder from Stampin’ Up
- Daffodil Delight marker
- Ribbon: Class of 2014 from Hobby Lobby
- Perfect Layers Tool
- Sticky tape, adhesive, and dimensionals
- Your die cutting/embossing machine
Assembling the card:
- First form a card to measure 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ from the black cardstock.
- Cut a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ and run through the Chevron embossing folder
- Adhere to card base.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 5″ x 2 3/8″. Randomly stamp the cap on this piece of paper. I then colored the tassels to match the cardstock (Daffodil Delight)
- Glue this piece of paper to black cardstock and use the Perfect Layers tool to create a 1/16″ border. If you do not have the Perfect Layers tool, cut a piece of black cardstock 5 1/8″ x 2 1/2″ inches and adhere the white cardstock to it.
- Place ribbon onto this piece as shown using sticky tape. Adhere this panel to the card front as shown.
- Measure a piece of Daffodil Delight 2 1/2″ x 1 3/8″ and stamp sentiment onto it. Attach to black cardstock Using the Perfect Layers tool again, create a 1/16″ border or measure your black cardstock 2 3/8″ x 1 1/2″.
- Attach this panel to the card front as shown using dimensionals.
- For the inside of the card I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamped my sentiment and then glued to the inside of the card.
So this is it for today. Everyone be safe this holiday weekend and remember the reason we celebrate is to honor our veterans and those who are currently serving our country. Happy Memorial Day!