This week I am trying a sketch from Try Stampin’ on Tuesday. When I saw the sketch the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set came to mind and I spent a few days thinking about what I wanted to do with it and the sketch practicing on scrap paper (i.e. computer paper) to work out my idea. So here’s the sketch followed by my card.
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
- Ink: Temping Turquoise, Sahara Sand, Regal Rose
- Stamp sets: Gorgeous Grunge, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- 7/16″ Natural Trim ribbon
- Punches: Word Window, Modern Label
- Adhesive, glue dots, sticky tape (red tape), and dimensionals
- Perfect Layers tool
Assembling the card:
- Form a card base with the Tempting Turquoise to make a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Using Sahara Sand, stamp the “dotted” image randomly over the white cardstock piece.
- Next using the three colors, stamp the lined images as shown.
- Adhere this piece to Sahara Sand cardstock and using the Perfect Layers tool create a 1/8″ border or cut a piece of Sahara Sand 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere the white piece to it.
- Attach the Natural Trim as shown using the sticky tape.
- Attach to card front using dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock in Sahara Sand and punch out using the Word Window punch. Punch out a Modern Label from the Tempting Turquoise. Adhere the sentiment to this and attach to the ribbon. I used glue dots for this.
- Inside the card I cut a 4″ x 5 1/4″ of Whisper White cardstock and stamped another image from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set (see below)
This shows a little of the inside of the card using a different stamp from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. I just love this set. It’s one of my favorites.
Thanks for stopping by. To leave any comments or ask questions about this card, go to my blog by clicking on the title of the blog in this e-mail. At the bottom of the page, you will be able to leave your comment/question.
Have a great day and Happy Stamping!