Hi everyone. I’m back again with another Dynamic Duos color challenge. Dynamic Duos also announced today that this was going to be their last challenge as they are closing the Dynamic Duos blog! I’m crushed. Even though I haven’t participated in all their challenges, I did enjoy the challenge of putting different colors together and playing around to create a card for submission. With that in mind, I thought it was appropriate to make a Thank You card for the ladies at Dynamic Duos for challenging me to create cards with colors that I may not have necessarily put together.
Today’s challenge is The Triple Threat and the colors are So Saffron, Pool Party, and Smoky Slate.
And here is the card idea I came up with:
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: So Saffron, Whisper White, Watercolor paper.
- Inks: Black Staz-On, VersaMark, Sahara Sand, Basic Black
- Stampin’ Write markers: Pool Party, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake, Blush Blossom
- Water color brush (Sahara Sand)
- 4″ Paper Doily
- Pool Party Embossing powder
- Heat gun for embossing
- Polka Dot embossing folder
- Stamps: Penny Black “T for Transparent” stamp set.
- Adhesive and dimensionals
- Making Memories circle cutter
Assembling the card:
- Using watercolor paper stamp image in black Staz-On ink.
- Color in: I used the markers for everything but the “paper wrap” that the bouquet of flowers is in. I used the water color brush for that with Sahara Sand ink. Let dry.
- Get your paper doily and a piece of scrap paper (I used computer paper). Lay the doily on the scrap paper and ink up half of the doily. Sprinkle with Pool Party embossing powder and tap off excess. Heat emboss with heat gun. Ink up the other half of the paper doily with the VersaMark, sprinkle with Pool Party embossing powder and heat set with the heat gun. (My doily curled up a lot this time so I placed it under some weights for a little while to flatten it back out.)
- Using my Making Memories circle cutter, I cut out the image (it measures approximately 3 1/4″ in diameter) and then adhered to the Paper Doily.
- Form card base from So Saffron to measure 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Take a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measures 5 1/2″ x 1 3/4″ and run through the polka dot embossing folder. Adhere to front of card as shown.
- Using dimensionals adhere paper doily to front of card as shown.
- Stamp sentiment in lower right corner.
I just love little Betsy Bluebell and I think she was the perfect choice for today’s card. And again, a big thanks to the ladies at Dynamic Duos for challenging me to be more creative!
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and happy stamping!