Hello all. Well Old Man Winter is rearing his ugly head again. He just won’t leave us alone. I am glad to say that we only have cold temps and not snow but heck, this is April!! Hopefully this is the last we will see of winter and spring will finally be here for good. Okay, enough ranting!
Today I am combining two challenges. The Dynamic Duos and a new website I found called Try Stampin’ on Tuesday. The colors for the Dynamic Duo are Wisteria Wonder and So Saffron and my sketch with an Easter twist is from Try Stampin’ on Tuesday (http://www.trystampinontuesday.blogspot.com/)
So the colors from the Dynamic Duo really scream springtime as well as Easter so I think combining these two challenges works really well. Looking at the sketch, I felt like the three panels needed to be embossed with three different embossing folders. (When I went back to the Try Stampin’ On Tuesday site, one of the cards shown had the same idea! so that must mean I am on the right track!). So since I was thinking spring, of course, that means flowers so I used three different embossing folders with flowers.
and here is the sketch from Try Stampin’ on Tuesday
and here is my card
Items you will need:
- Cardstock: Wisteria Wonder, So Saffron, Whisper White
- Ink: Black Staz-On, So Saffron marker
- Stamp set: He is Risen
- Embossing folders (your choice)
- Punches and dies: 1 1/4″ circle punch, 1 3/8″ circle punch, Oval dies
- Colored dots (candy dots, etc)
- Adhesives, dimensionals
Assembling the card:
- Cut Wisteria Wonder cardstock to form a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card
- Cut So Saffron to 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Cut Whisper White 1 7/8″ x 5″, 1 7/8″ x 2 3/8″ and 1 7/8″ x 2 1/2″
- Run each of the three white pieces of cardstock through 3 different embossing folders. Adhere to the So Saffron cardstock as shown and attach to front of card.
- Stamp the lilies from the He is Risen stamp set onto a piece of white cardstock using the Staz-On ink. Color the centers with the So Saffron marker. Using your oval dies, cut one oval around the image you just stamped, then cut another oval, the next size larger, from Wisteria Wonder cardstock. Glue together and adhere to the So Saffron piece.
- Next stamp He is Risen in black Staz-On and then punch out with the 1 1/4″ circle punch. Punch another circle from the Wisteria Wonder at 1 3/8″ . Mat the smaller circle onto the larger circle. Put dimensionals on the back and adhere to front of card as shown.
- Next put three coordinating “candy dots” on the small circle as shown. (My 10-year-old granddaughter was here with me when I was doing this part and I was trying to decide if I should put the dots above or below the sentiment. She immediately said it should go below because it is like an underline and that [the sentiment] is important. Out of the mouths of babes.)
- Adhere the So Saffron piece to the card front.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White 5 1/4″ x 4″ . Stamp inside sentiment and the lilies on this piece as shown in black Staz-On ink. Adhere to inside of card.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I wish you and your family a very happy and blessed Easter.
Thanks for stopping by