I’m submitting a card for this week’s Dynamic Duo and getting it in on time this time! The colors this week are Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise. Of course these colors bring spring to mind which means flowers and birds. I used the retired Stampin’ Up set called A Flower for All Seasons. And CAS (clean and simple) is the way to go!
So here is my card submission. (see further down in the post for close up of image details)
What you will need:
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
- DSP: Brights DSP paper pack tempting turquoise polka dots
- Ribbon: Melon Mambo organza ribbon
- Fiskers cutter and Steckles blade
- Markers: Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz
- Blender pen
- Inks: Staz-On Black
- Perfect Layers tool
- Bow maker or whatever you use to make bows.
- Adhesives and dimensionals
Assembling the card:
- First form a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card with white cardstock.
- Cut the DSP 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″. Using the Perfect Layers tool make a 1/16″ border with Tempting Turquoise Cardstock.
- Place a piece of Whisper White cardstock measuring 1/2″ x 5 1/8″ on cardstock as shown.
- Attach ribbon then attach this piece to front of card.
- Stamp image onto a small piece of Whisper White Cardstock with the black Staz-On ink and color in using the markers. I then used the Blender Pen to smooth out the colors.
- Using the Steckles blade cut this piece to measure about 2 1/4″ x 1 5/8″. Attach to Tempting Turquoise scrap.
- Using the Perfect Layers tool make a 1/16″ border. Then attach to Whisper White cardstock and using the Perfect Layers Tool make a 1/16″ border again.
- Attach to card as shown using dimensionals.
- Make bow and attach as shown.
- See below for close up of image stamped piece.
There you have it! a beautiful CAS card that is great for any springtime occasion, birthday, Easter, Mother’s Day, and even as a get well card.
Thanks for stopping by. I welcome your feedback on this or any of the cards I’ve made.