I’m back with another Dynamic Duos card. This week the colors are Gumball Green and Crafter’s choice! I made quite a few different cards for this challenge and finally came up with one that I was pleased with. I used Pretty in Pink as my color choice.
Supplies you will need:
- Stamps: Blessed Easter from Stampin’ Up
- Cardstock: Gumball Green, Very Vanilla
- Water color paper
- Watercolor brush
- Inks: Gumball Green, Pretty in Pink, Timber Brown Staz-On
- New Anna Griffin embossing border folder (see close up picture later in the post)
- New Anna Griffin corresponding border die (see close up picture later in the post)
- Scalloped oval framelits by Sizzix
- Cuttlebug or other die cutting machine
- 1/8″ pink ribbon from my stash
Assembling the card
- Form a card using the Gumball Green CS that measures 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Using the border die, (it’s a scallop that matches the border embossing folder) die cut the right open edge of the card through both thicknesses – you can do this with one pass folding the card in half and running through the Cuttlebug. See close up picture below. Then put the embossing border on the edge of the front of the card only and match the scallops and run through the Cuttlebug to emboss a border. (see pictures below)
- Stamp the tulip image onto water color paper using the Timber Brown Staz-On ink and cut out using the scalloped oval framelit.
- Using the water color brush and inks, color as desired. Set aside to dry.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 4″ x 5 1/4″ and run the edge through the Cuttlebug with the scalloped border die.
- Stamp sentiment.
- I also stamped a portion of the tulips again in the lower right corner of this piece with the Timber Brown Staz-On and colored in lightly with the same colors. Let dry. (see next picture).
- Tie ribbon in a bow around the scalloped oval piece for the front of the card and attach.
- Place pearls in the corner as shown
- Adhere inside piece to the inside of the card matching the scallops (and they match very easily!).
I really enjoyed making this card and that is why I chose it for my Dynamic Duos submission. Wish me luck!!
(P.S. I just went to submit my card and I was an hour too late! Oh well, enjoy my creation!)