Hi, I’m back again with another masculine card using the Hardwood stamp and Lovely as a Tree stamp set. I drew my inspiration from a card by Glenda Calkins. This is her card
and here is my card
Items you will need:
- Cardstock: Early Espresso and Very Vanilla
- Ink: Early Espresso
- Stamps: Hardwood, Lovely as a Tree
- Cuttlebug or Big Shot or other machine
- Woodgrain embossing folder
- Stampin’ Up Mat Pack
- Perfect Layers tool
Assembling the card:
- Form a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card with Early Espresso.
- Cut a piece of Early Espresso cardstock 2 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ and run this through the Cuttlebug with the woodgrain embossing folder
- Cut three pieces of Very Vanilla, two at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and another at 2 3/8″ x 4 1/4″
- On the larger piece of Very Vanilla stamp image with the Hardwood stamp. The easiest way to use these large stamps is to lay the stamp on the table stamp side up and ink it with your ink pad then place your cardstock onto the stamp. Lay a piece of computer paper over top and rub with your hand to get the image to transfer to the cardstock. This ensures that you get even coverage of the image onto your cardstock.
- Adhere the embossed piece of cardstock onto the Very Vanilla piece that was just stamped with the Hardwood stamp about 1/2″ from the left side. Attach to card front.
- On the 2 3/8″ x 4 1/4″ piece of very vanilla cardstock, stamp the tree from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set.
- Using the Mat Pack poke holes in the upper right and lower left hand corners of this piece.
- Attach to Early Espresso cardstock and form a 1/16″ border using the Perfect Layers tool. Attach this piece to the front of the card using dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment of your choice on the other piece of Very Vanilla cardstock (4″ x 5 1/4″) and attach to inside of card.
This is another great masculine card for any occasion. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Stamping!