Hello again! I hope you are having a great day!
This week I am going to focus on masculine cards. Masculine cards pose a challenge for us all, I think, because we can’t use the bling and shiny ribbons and brads and glitter that we love to use on our girly cards yet we still want to create and send a card that shows that we care and that we took time to make the card.
So my first card I CASEd from France Martin of frenchiestamps.com. It uses the Hardwood and Walk in the Wild stamp sets. I absolutely LOVE the new Hardwood stamp. It is a great background stamp and works perfectly for masculine cards.
So let’s get to the card. Isn’t this just an awesome masculine card?
Items you will need:
- Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
- Stamps: Hardwood, Walk in the Wild
- Punch: 1 1/4″ square punch
- Computer paper (or other scrap paper), 1 piece
- Oval framelits or Making Memories cutting system oval
- Sponge daubers
Assembling the card:
- Form the card base using Soft Suede measuring 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Cut 2 pieces of Very Vanilla 3 3/4″ x 5″. (One of these is for the inside of the card)
- Using the 1 1/4″ square punch, punch two squares and cut in half diagonally with Early Espresso cardstock.
- Stamp the Hardwood image on one of the Very Vanilla pieces. The easiest way to use these large stamps is to lay the stamp on the table stamp side up and ink it with your ink pad (Crumb Cake in this instance) then place your cardstock onto the stamp. Lay the piece of computer paper over top and rub with your hand to get the image to transfer to the cardstock. This ensures that you get even coverage of the image onto your cardstock.
- With the same piece of scrap paper cut an oval from the paper, one that is large enough that the Moose from the Walk in the Wild stamp set will fit into it. Use this as a template and center it on the piece of Very Vanilla that you just stamped with the Hardwood stamp. With Early Espresso, stamp the Moose inside the oval.
- Without moving the template use the sponge dauber and sponge around the oval with the Crumb Cake ink. Remove the template. Stamp sentiment in bottom right corner.
- Next you will adhere the diagonal pieces from step 3 to each corner of the Very Vanilla card front as shown.
- Attach all this to the front of the card.
- Stamp a sentiment on the other piece of Very Vanilla cardstock from step 2 and adhere to inside of card (or it can be left blank for you to write on later)
So there you have it. An awesome masculine card for a birthday, father’s day, and I think even a get well card. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get a chance to create today. Until next time, happy stamping!