This week’s color challenge at the Dynamic Duos is Black and More Mustard with a dessert option of dry embossing.
So I pulled out my black and More Mustard (which is an orangish-yellow) and even though we are nearing spring, I could only see Halloween with these colors so I made a Halloween card. (I’m anxious to see what the design team and others make with these colors as I never look at what others make until after I have submitted my card. I’d be too tempted to copy so I wait until I’ve submitted my card.)
Items you will need:
- Cardstock: Basic Black and Whisper White
- The Paper Studios spider web embossing folder
- Stamps: Greeting Card Kids and Halloween spider stamp (not Stampin’ Up)
- Ink: VersaMark, Black Staz-on, More Mustard, and Staz-On Cotton White
- Black embossing powder (Stampin’ Up)
- Cuttlebug, Big Shot, or similar machine
- Ribbon: just some black/white ribbon from my stash.
- Perfect Layers tool
- Watercolor brush
- Sticky strip 1/8″
Assembling the Card:
- Using the Basic Black card stock form a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card. I then ran the front of the card through my Cuttlebug using the Paper Studios spider web embossing folder.
- I used Cotton White Staz-On ink to highlight the spider webs by just rubbing the ink pad lightly across the embossed image.
- The Greeting Card Kids stamp set is perfect for this Halloween card and I stamped it in VersaMark and then heat embossed with black embossing powder.
- Using More Mustard ink and the water color brush, I colored in the pumpkin then set aside to dry while assembling the rest of the card.
- Stamp spiders randomly on a piece of Whisper White card stock that measures 2 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- I used 1/8″ sticky strip to adhere the ribbon to this panel on the top and the bottom. I attached to the front of the card.
- Using the Perfect Layers tool, I created a 1/4″ border around the little girl image and attached to the card front using dimensionals.
- I tied a small bow and attached it to the upper left corner of the stamped image and placed a matching candy dot in the center of the bow.
Thanks for stopping by and looking at my card. Happy St. Patrick’s day!