This week’s Dynamic Duos color challenge features Blushing Bride and Sahara Sand. These colors made me think of a sweet little girl and so I used my Penny Black “T for Transparent” stamp set featuring Betsy Bluebell. She is such a cute little girl and perfect for these colors.
This is the card I am submitting for the challenge.
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand
- DSP: Just Add Cake
- Penny Black Stamp set (or your favorite stamp set. Greeting Card Kids would work with this card as well)
- Embossing machine
- GooseBumpz Spotted embossing folder.
- 1/4″ stitched grosgrain ribbon from Stampin’ Up – Blushing Bride
- Adhesive, glue dots, and dimensionals
- Ink: Sahara Sand, Black Staz-On, Blushing Bride stampin’ write marker
- Blender pens
- Perfect Layers tool for matting.
- Water color paper
Assembling the card:
- Cut a piece of water color paper 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ and stamp image on that in black Staz-On ink. Color as shown. I used my blender pen for the Sahara Sand ink. Before opening the ink pad, squeeze it so that some of the ink is transferred to the inside of the lid. Use this ink with your blender pen to color your image. Next I colored with my Blushing Bride Stampin’ Write marker the areas as shown. Stamp sentiment under image
Set aside for a few minutes to let the image dry.
- Cut Whisper White cardstock to form a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card
- Cut Blushing Bride cardstock 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and run through your embossing machine using the large dotted embossing folder. Adhere to card front.
- Cut a piece of the Just Add Cake DSP 2 7/8″ x 4 1/4″. Mat with Sahara Sand cardstock using the Perfect Layers tool with a 1/16″ border. Also mat the image piece with a 1/16″ border on Sahara Sand
- Adhere image piece to the DSP as shown. Attach to card using dimensionals.
- Make a bow ( I did a double one here) and attach to card front using glue dots.
And there you have it! A cute little girl birthday card. I hope you have time to create today!