I hope you have had a great weekend. Today the new Dynamic Duos came out and I decided to try a card for the challenge. Rather than the normal two colors, this week’s challenge is three colors. They are Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango, and Melon Mambo.
The first thing I thought of for those colors was flowers! And then I thought of Grunge! So here is my submission for the challenge:
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi
- Ink: Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi, Versa Mark
- Stamps: Secret Garden, Gorgeous Grunge, Itty Bitty Banners
- White embossing powder
- Embossing buddy, heat gun
- Itty Bitty banner framelits
- Secret Garden Framelits
- Adhesive, dimensionals
Assembling the card:
- Cut Whisper White cardstock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and fold to make a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card
- With the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set stamp the front of the card and set aside.
- Prep the Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo cardstock with the embossing buddy.
- Using Versa Mark Ink, stamp flowers from the Secret Garden stamp set onto Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo cardstock.
- Pour white embossing powder over images, tap off excess.
- Set with the heat gun.
- Next cut the flowers out using the Secret Garden framelits.
- Cut out two of the leaves with the Secret Garden framelits from the Wild Wasabi cardstock
- Next adhere the leaves to the card front. Then working left to right, adhere flowers. The first flower is glued down directly on top of the leaves. The largest flower is on dimensionals as is the third flower.
- Stamp sentiment from the Itty Bitty stamp set and cut out with the matching framelit. Adhere to card front as shown. (I actually adhered it to the flower so that it was raised off the card a little bit. )
Here is another card I made with the same colors. Very simple. Takes all of about 5 minutes to make but a cute card nonetheless.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great week!