Hello everyone! I’m back! I know it has been quite awhile since I blogged and I’m sorry I was away so long. The holidays got the best of me and we were quite busy. Now with our “winter weather” we are having here in Texas, I have some time to do a little blogging and I hope to start blogging more consistently again. So to start things off, I decided to play with the Dynamic Duos challenge this week. The challenge is a black tie with the colors black and Melon Mambo with a dessert option of umbrellas. So here is my submission for the challenge.
This is a simple but cute card and I had lots of fun making it.
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Basic Black, water color paper, Whisper White for the inside of the card.
- Ink: Black Sta-zon, Melon Mambo for water coloring.
- Water color brushes
- Sizzix scalloped oval framelits.
- Candy Dots from Stampin’ Up, Brights collection
- Polka dot emobossing folder
- Ticket punch
- The stamp set I used is a Unity Stamp itty bitty called Rain or Shine (2 stamps) that I bought at Archiver’s years ago. (Because it has the umbrella on it, I just had to use it for this project).
Making the card:
- I first stamped my image and the sentiment on water color paper.
- Using Melon Mambo ink and water color brush, I colored the umbrella.
- Next I cut out the image with the Sizzix Scalloped oval framelit (the largest one in the pack)
- Using Melon Mambo cardstock form a 4.25″ x 5.5″ card.
- Cut a piece of black cardstock 4″ x 5.25″ and run through the polka dot embossing folder. Adhere to front of card.
- Adhere scalloped oval image to front of card using dimensionals.
- Place a melon mambo candy dot in each corner.
- For the inside of the card I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 4″ x 5.25″ and used the ticket punch on each of the corners.
This card is actually my own design, unusual for me because I always CASE my cards! I’m happy with the way it turned out and hope you will at least give the design a try with one of your favorite stamps