Hello everyone! I hope you have had a great week. We are seeing some sunshine after two days of rain. This week I decided to try out the Paper Players Challenge sketch. Below is the sketch and my card.
What you need:
- CS (cardstock): Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
- DSP (Designer Series Paper): Your choice.
- Ink: Early Espresso
- Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Stampin’ Write Markers: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Daffodil Delight
- Itty Bitty Banners Framelits (middle sized banner)
- Embellishments: Button, linen thread, “brads”**
- Adhesive: Tape runner, glue dots
- Crystal Effects
- Other tools: Crop-o-Dile, Xyron X sticker maker
Assembling the card:
- Cut Early Espresso CS to form a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch card.
- Stamp image from Lovely as a Tree on Crumb Cake CS and trim to 4 1/8″ x 2 1/2″. Adhere to card front. I added some fall color to the trees by putting dots of color on them to resemble fall colored leaves using the Stampin’ Write markers. I also added dots of color to the ground for fallen leaves.
- To make the banners, I used scraps of DSP and cut three banners with the itty bitty framelits and then cut off one of the sides. I used the negative space from one of the cuts to go around my Happy Thanksgiving sentiment.
- Adhere the banners as shown. Then adhere the DSP strip over them as shown.
- ** I didn’t have brads that matched, so I made my own brads by punching out the larger of the two hole punches from the Crop-o-dile (Thanks Lisa McGrew for this great idea!).
- I ran these three little dots through my Xyron X sticker maker and adhered them to the card as shown. I then added Crystal Effects to each one to give them the appearance of brads (again, thanks to Lisa McGrew for this idea!)
- Stamp Happy Thanksgiving on Crumb Cake CS and adhere the negative space from cutting out the framelits to this. Trim and adhere to card.
- Thread linen thread through button, tie a bow, adhere to card with glue dot.
I had fun with this challenge and hope you will give it a try. Card sketches are a great way to get your creative juices flowing if you are in a funk and need a jump start.
Have a great day and Happy Stamping!