I made some Halloween treat bags to send to my grandchildren who live out of state so I took pictures to show you. There have been a lot of treat ideas for Halloween on Pintrest and so I decided this would be a great way for us to send candy to our grandchildren who are far away from us. The big thing on the web is Pumpkin Poop and Bat Poop among other “poops” for Halloween. So I made a Bat Poop treat bag and a Pumpkin Poop treat bag.
What you need:
- Ziploc sandwich bag (or other type of treat bag)
- Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango
- Inks for polka dots: Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso
- Bat brad, pumpkin brad
- Washi tape
- Cricut die cutting machine and Accent Essentials cartridge (item #48) OR you can use the Top Note die from Sizzix if you have it.
- Sticky strip, other adhesive
- pencils with unused erasers for polka dots (see below)
- Whoppers and Reese’s pieces
- Cut item #48 (shift) at 5 1/2″ from black cardstock, one for each bag that you will be making. (or cut out Top Note die) Fold in half lengthwise.
- On the computer using Word Art in MS Word, I typed Bat Poop! and Pumpkin Poop! then printed them out on the white cardstock and cut to fit the front of the tag.
- The Tangerine Tango on the Pumpkin Poop measures 2″ x 4 1/2″
- I generated the poems (which I found on the web – just Google Pumpkin Poop and you’ll get lots of hits for it and other “poop” poems) on the computer and printed them out.
- Decorate the poem pages with the brads and Washi tape.
- Adhere to treat bag using Sticky strip. Fill the Pumpkin Poop bag with Reese’s pieces and the Bat Poop bag with Whoppers. The polka dots on the Pumpkin Poop tag were made with brand new pencil erasers and ink!! So cool. I just learned this technique this week.
- Seal the bags and then staple the tag to the bag.
I can already hear my grandkids giggling about the “poop” they got from Nana and Papaw for Halloween! Have a great day!