Happy Monday everyone! I decided to participate in this week’s Dynamic Duos challenge using Tangerine Tango and Basic Black. Dessert option: Halloween.
I just recently purchased the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set from Stampin’ Up and I LOVE this stamp set. I have had a lot of fun making cards with it. More info at the bottom of my post regarding this stamp set.
So here is the card I am submitting for the challenge this week. I’ve taken my inspiration from many cards on Pinterest for the design of this card.
Items you will need:
- Whisper White card stock, Basic Black card stock
- Stamp sets: Gorgeous Grunge, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Inks: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black
- Embellishments: Tangerine Tango button from the Brights collection, ribbon from my stash, Washi tape for inside of card
- Adhesives: tape runner, glue dots
- Other tools: 10-second bow maker and Perfect Layers tool
Assembling the card:
- This card measures 4″ x 6″ so you will need a piece of Whisper White card stock measuring 8″ x 6 ” folded in half on the 8″ side.
- Cut another piece of Whisper White card stock 3 3/4″ x 5 3/4″
- Using Tangerine Tango ink stamp as shown using stamps from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.
- Using Basic Black ink stamp as shown. Stamp Happy Halloween in bottom right corner of card.
- Attach ribbon as shown. Attach this piece to Basic Black card stock and using the Perfect Layers tool create a 1/16″ border on all sides. (I just noticed in my picture that the bottom part of the front of the card is in a groove in my coffee table and the border doesn’t look right – Ugh!)
- Attach to front of card.
- Make a bow with the 10-second bow maker and attach to right side of card using a glue dot.
- Using a glue dot attach button to center of bow.
- On the inside of the card put a strip of Washi tape. There you have it. A quick, simple, and not so traditional card for Halloween. Enjoy!
More on Gorgeous Grunge stamp set: To see this stamp set click on this link to my Stampin’ Up demonstrators site: http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=130517 This is the link to the clear stamp set but if you prefer wood, you can see it here: http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=130514
Have a great day!