I’m deviating from the Halloween cards today to share a birthday card for my friend, Jan, whose birthday is today. Actually, we are birthday twins (same day, different year). So Happy Birthday to us!
I got my inspiration for my card from Jill’s Card Creations. Here’s the link to her card: http://jill031070.blogspot.com/2013/04/dress-me-up.html
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Island Indigo
- DSP: Sycamore Street (or whatever you choose)
- Embellishments: 4″ circle doily, button (pool party), Ribbon Island Indigo
- Stamp: Teeny Tiny wishes
- Framelits: Dress and frame; Adorning accents
- Fancy Fan embossing folder
- Cuttlebug (Big Shot, etc)
Assembling the card:
- Cut Tangerine Tango to form a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card.
- Using the Framelits cut the dress and the dress form from DSP and cardstock. Cut out the edglit from Whisper White cardstock
- Cut a circle from Tnagerine Tango to fit the middle of the doily and then run through the Cuttlebug with the Fancy Fan embossing folder.
- Adhere doily to card front as shown and then place the circle embossed with the Fancy Fan folder in the middle of the doily.
- Adhere the Whisper White piece of cardstock with the border on it.
- Adhere dress to dress form and secure with strong adhesive.
- Attach ribbon to waist on dress form.
- Attach to card as shown.
- Stamp sentiment on front of card and add the button.
I hope you liked this card and will give it a try.
Have a great day!!