I hope you are having a great day today as we begin to wind down with summer season and move into the fall celebrations and holidays. Today and for the next few posts, I will be posting some Halloween cards that I am making for my grandkids. I’ve got 8 of them so I’m going to be busy for a bit coming up with cards for all of them. I did find some extra ones in my Halloween box so I only have a few more to make! Woohoo! I got my inspiration for today’s card from Linda Gutierrez at http://www.StampingYearRound.com.
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock (CS): Black, orange, white
- DSP: Frightful Sight (retired)
- Punches: Owl Builder punch, Label Bracket punch
- Stamps: Tags 4 You and other Halloween stamps of your choice
- Thinlits: Circle Card and coordinating round thinlit.
- Inks: Black
- Adhesives and dimensionals.
- Bone folder
Assembling the card:
- Cut a piece of black paper 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (this will give you the extra flap on the right side of the card. Watch this video on how to cut paper this way: http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=nwedAASXzok. She explains it so well.)
- Cut orange CS: 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ for card front (flap that folds in) and another 2 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside of card). Also using your Thinlits cut two circles from the orange cardstock.
- Stamp “Trick or Treat” from the Tags 4 You stamp set in black onto the orange CS and then punch out using the Label Bracket punch.
- White CS: Cut a piece of white cardstock 2 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ for the inside flap.
- Punch out two owls one from black CS and one from white CS. Also punch out 4 eyes (the medium circles on the owl punch in black. Punch out two of the larger circles in white and two of the very small circles in white. Assemble the owl for the front of the card. For the ghost on the inside of the card take the white owl and cut off the feet. Add two black eyes and you have a ghost!
- DSP: Punch from the owl the vest in your choice of DSP. Then also cut two pieces from the DSP 2 1/4″ x 5″ and 2″ x 5″.
- Now you are ready to assemble the card. Fold your card base on the score lines as shown above using your bone folder to get a good crease.
- Adhere the orange circles to the front and the back of the circle portion of the card. If you want to stamp an image or sentiment on the inside circle, do that before you adhere to the card.
- Adhere your DSP to the corresponding orange CS. then glue panels to the card.
- Glue your white panel to the flap on the card. Stamp as you wish.
- Adhere the owl to the front orange circle on dimensionals and there you have it.
Below is another version that I CASEd from Debbie Henderson at Debbie’s Designs.
Hopefully these cards have given you some inspiration to get started on your Halloween cards. Have a great day!