Today’s project are some travertine tile coasters I made as door prizes for our family reunion. I had so much fun making these that I ended up with 7 sets! They were a hit, for sure.
Supplies you will need:
- Travertine tiles (I prefer the ones I bought at Home Depot. The square ones (last picture) I got from Lowe’s and they had a smooth side to them which caused the ink to smear, so I ended up using the back of them for the image.)
- Stamps of your choice
- Staz-On ink (Timber Brown)
- Markers (I used various markers from my collection)
- Oven set to 300 degrees.
- Cork board
- E-6000 glue
Making the coasters:
- Stamp image on to tile. You want to use good pressure and I held the stamp in place on the tile for a few seconds to be certain the image transferred well.
- If coloring the stamped image, use your markers to color in.
- Put tiles directly on to oven rack (I set them at an angle so they wouldn’t fall through as I was placing them).
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. When done, turn oven off but let the tiles cool in the oven. When completely cooled, remove from oven.
- Cut cork board into 1-inch squares and attach to each corner of the coaster using the E-6000 glue.
These were so much fun to make and very inexpensive. The tiles come usually 9 to a pack and are less than $4.00 a pack (Home Depot)! If you Google Travertine Tile coasters, you will get all kinds of information on them and many pictures for inspiration to make your own coasters.
These would make great Christmas gifts, thank you gifts, birthday gifts, etc.