I know. . . it’s been a long time since my last blog. I hope you are all having a great summer.
Today’s card is for the Dynamic Duos – Gumball Green and Summer Starfruit. I am too late for my submission to be considered but I decided to post my card anyway.
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: White, Black, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green
- Inks: Staz-On Black, Gumball green. Summer Starfruit
- Blender pen
- Sizzlets butterflies
- Stamps of your choice. I used a stamp from MJM Designs from 1995 that I had in my stash of stamps. The sentiment inside the card is Friendly Phrases from Stampendous! The “Just for you” on the outside of the card is from Just Believe (Stampin’ Up)
Assembling the Card:
- Cut Whisper White cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and fold in half.
- Also cut another Whisper White cardstock 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Stamp image on this piece of cardstock and color in. I used blender pens for better control of the color.
- Using your Perfect Layers tool make a 1/16″ border with black cardstock.
- Then using your Perfect Layers tool again make a 1/8″ border on Summer Starfruit cardstock. Adhere to card.
- I cut out the butterflies using your Sizzlets and Cuttlebug . I attached them to the card with glue dots and then added a pearl in the center of each one.
- For the inside of the card I stamped my sentiment on white cardstock and then using the Labels Collection framelet cut out the sentiment. Using the next largest size framelet, I cut one out in the Gumball green, attached the white one to the green one and adhered to the inside of the card.
I hope you will give this a try. I love to color stamps and so I really enjoyed this challenge.
Have a great day and until next time,
Happy Stamping! Kathy