Hello everyone. Back from a relaxing week of vacation. Now I get to breathe a bit before heading out again. Hope you are all having a great summer.
Today’s card is one that I cased from France Martin, probably a year ago. It uses the bleach technique. If you have not used this technique, it really adds to a card. You will want to use a darker cardstock when doing this.
Supplies you will need:
- Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla
- Embossing folder: I used the Houndstooth one but you can use whatever you like for this card.
- Stamps: Reason to Smile from Stampin’ Up
- Ink: Basic Gray, VersaMark
- Embossing buddy
- Embossing powder: Black
- Water color brush
- Decorative Label punch
Making the card:
- Form card from Sahara Sand cardstock to make a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card, bottom fold
- Cut a piece of Basic Gray cardstock 5 1/4″ x 4″ and emboss.
- Cut another piece of Basic Gray cardstock 1 7/8″ x 3″.
- Use the embossing buddy on the above piece of cardstock. Stamp image in VersMark and then heat emboss with black embossing powder.
- Using your Watercolor brush that you have filled with bleach, color the flower. Watch as the bleach lightens the paper. This should happen almost instantly.
- Mat this piece on very vanilla with a 1/8″ border using your Perfect Layers tool. Mat this on Sahara Sand cardstock with a 1/4″ border.
- Stamp sentiment on Very Vanilla cardstock and punch out with the Decorative Label punch. Punch another Decorative Label from Sahara Sand cardstock and cut in half lengthwise to create the mat. You may need to cut off a bit on the sides that show.
- Cut a piece of Basic Gray cardstock 1/2″ x 4″ and mat onto Very Vanilla cardstock with a 1/4″ border on both long sides.
Assembling the card:
- Attach the embossed piece of Basic Gray cardstock onto card base as shown.
- Next attach matted flower piece to right side of card as shown.
- Attach strip to left side of card.
- Then attach your decorative label with sentiment.
- For the inside of the card I used a piece of Basic Gray cardstock 5 1/4″ x 4″. I stamped my sentiment in VersaMark and heat embossed with black embossing powder. I used another flower from the same stamp set and stamped it in VersaMark in the lower right corner and embossed with black embossing powder. Using my bleach, I bleached this flower as well.
I hope you give this technique a try. It’s fun and different. Have a great day and until next time, Happy Stamping!