I know it’s been awhile but I am back, at least for today. June is a busy travel month for me.
Today’s card is one that I made for my grandson using the colors in the Dynamic Duo (Pear Pizzazz and Black). I didn’t get my card submitted in time for the challenge but I wanted to post it here because there is something a bit unique about this card. Have you ever looked at the design on a Kleenex box and thought, “that would look great on a card or scrapbook page”? I have done that many times and today part of my card uses a part of a Kleenex box!
I took my inspiration from this card by Deb Fearns
- Black, Pear Pizzazz, and Whisper White card stock (CS)
- Kleenex box
- Black Ink
- Pear Pizzazz marker
- Adhesive, sticky tape
- Stampin’ dimensionals
Making the card:
- Cut Black CS to form a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card.
- Cut pattern from Kleenex box (mine measures 2 7/8″ x 4 1/4″
- Stamp images on Whisper White card stock and cut to 2 1/8″ x 4 3/4″
- Stamp an extra car in Versa Mark, emboss with black embossing powder, and cut out.
Assembling the card:
- Score your black CS at 5 1/2″ and fold card.
- Adhere Kleenex box piece to the left side of the card as shown. I used sticky tape here (the red double sided stuff) to ensure that this piece would stay on the card.
- Adhere White CS piece to front of card as shown using dimensionals.
- Color your car. I used my Pear Pizzazz marker to color this on in.
- Add brads to bottom right corner of card as shown.
There you have it, a great card for a 16-year-old boy who is chomping at the bit to learn to drive. (I’m sure he would be more excited if a real car was attached to this card!)
A reminder, if you want to follow my blog click on “Follow” in the lower right corner of your computer screen – not my blog post. It is a black button and may be a little difficult to find, but it is there.
Well, that’s it for today. I’ll be gone a week so you may not hear from me for awhile.