I decided to try another Paper Players Challenge. I can see that I might get addicted to these things… BUT it’s a good thing. It will help me to be more creative on my own and not CASE (Copy And Share for Everyone) others’ cards all the time, although that is not a bad thing either! I’m flattered whenever someone CASEs a card I’ve designed.
So today’s card is the Father’s Day card I am sending to my 87-year-old dad!
Supplies you will need:
- Very Vanilla and Soft Suede Card stock
- Comfort Cafe DSP.
- Tiny Tags stamp set
- Tiny Tag punch
- Square Lattace embossing folder
- Large button
- Linen thread
I used Very Vanilla for the card base and for the tag, Soft Suede for the mat and the strip across the card, and Comfort Cafe DSP.
- The card is 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Soft Suede card stock is 5 1/4″ x 4″
- DSP is 5″ x 3 3/4″
- The strip across the card is 5 1/4″ x 3/4″
Assembling the card:
- Mat the DSP to the Soft Suede card stock
- Make your tag: Stamp sentiment and then punch out with the punch. I also punched another of the same tag in the Soft Suede.
- Using a paper piercer, punch a hole in the top of the tags. Set aside.
- Run your strip of Soft Suede through the Cuttlebug (or Big Shot or whatever machine you have) using the Square Lattace Embossing folder. Be sure to line it up straight in the folder before emobssing.
- Wrap the linen thread around your strip of Soft Suede card stock in an ‘X’ pattern (I did it just like I would if I were doing counted cross stitch). I also taped the end of the linen thread to the back of the strip so it was anchored.
- When you are coming back completing the ‘X’s attach your tag where you want it to be then finish out the ‘X’s. Secure the end of the linen thread onto the back of the strip.
- Attach strip to card and get the tag going in the direction you want it to be and then attached all this to the card base.
- Using a little more linen thread make an X on the button. Secure linen thread to the back of the button either with double sided tape or thin glue dots. Adhere to card as shown.
- Stamp sentiment inside card or write a note.
I hope you will give this card a try.
Have a great day and happy stamping!