Hello again my fellow stampers,
Yesterday I was browsing on Pinterest and found a blog with a color challenge. They were colors that I have in my possession and immediately an idea came to mind so I thought I try the challenge. This my first ever challenge that I have ever done! The challenge was to use Gumball Green, Midnight Muse, and Raspberry Ripple on a card.
Here is the card I am submitting for the challenge (see below for instructions on how I made this card):
Supplies you’ll need:
- Cardstock: Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple, Very Vanilla
- DSP: Comfort Cafe
- Inks: Raspberry Ripple, Midnight Muse
- Stamps: Secret Garden
- Scoring board, embossing buddy, clear embossing powder, embossing tray, pearl accents, Secret Garden Framelits, Glossy Accents
To make the card:
- Make your card base to measure 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″.
- Cut the DSP (Midnight Muse) for the front of the card to measure 5 1/2″ x 41/4″.
- Get a small piece of Raspberry Ripple CS, use the embossing buddy, and stamp the flower from the Secret Garden set in Midnight Muse onto Raspberry Ripple. (The newer stamp pads from Stampin’ Up stay “juicy” a little longer so if you work quickly, you will be able to emboss easily.)
- Pour some of the clear embossing powder onto the image. Be sure to get good coverage. Tap off the excess. Using your heat gun, emboss the image.
- Using your framelits, cut out the flower and two leaf pieces. On the leaves, I used my stylus and “drew” in the veins on the leaves just to add a little more dimension. (Click on the picture of the card to get a larger view)
Assembling the card:
- Attach the piece of DSP to the front of the card.
- Attach leaves and flowers as shown
- Using small pearls, add a cluster of them to the middle of the flower. I used 5 pearls. Four of them directly on the flower and the fifth one was placed on top using the Glossy Accents to keep them in place.
- Stamp your sentiment on a piece of Very Vanilla CS, cut a “V” out of one end and adhere to the card front as shown.
- On the inside of the card, bottom right corner, I stamped another flower. Inside is blank for stamped sentiment later or a hand written note.
This was an easy card to make. I hope you will try it. Wish me luck in the color challenge!
Have a great day everyone!