Happy Mother’s Day to you (if that applies). It’s been a lovely day here in Southeast Texas. My husband and I and another couple went out for lunch – Chinese – I got to pick! I love Chinese but just don’t get it often enough. I hope you have had a great day and maybe even a chance to do a little stamping.
Today’s card, as the title implies, is a multiuse card for almost any occasion. AND it’s quite simple to make. This is actually one of the few cards that I designed on my own, at a stamping weekend last August. I did have a little help from my friend, Carrie J., on the original design. Carrie has “saved” me more than a few times when I thought a project was lost. Thanks Carrie! I have two different versions of the card here. I actually made the one on the bottom first but decided that it was just a little dull so I used more of the orange card stock (Tangerine Tango) and wow, did it pop!
Supplies you’ll need:
- Cardstock: Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, Pool Party, Whisper White
- DSP (designer series paper): Sycamore Street
- Ink: Island Indigo
- Ribbon: Tangerine Tango or Island Indigo
- Dimensionals or pop dots, other adhesive
- Stamps: Just Believe stamp set.
To make your card:
- Cut your card base from Island Indigo to make a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card. Score at 5 1/2″
- From either Tangerine Tango or Pool Party cut a piece at 5 1/4″ x 4″ for your mat
- From the Sycamore Street DSP cut at 5″ x 3 3/4″
- For the sentiment cut a piece of Whisper White CS at 2 3/4″ x 1 1/2″. Stamp sentiment on this piece of paper OR you can stamp on a larger scrap of paper and then cut it down to the size above, whichever works best for you.
- Mat that with either Tangerine Tango or Island Indigo with a 1/16″ border (using your Perfect Layers tool)
Assembling the card:
- Fold your card in half if you have not done so already. This card opens from the bottom.
- Adhere the DSP to the CS mat (either Tangerine Tango or Pool Party).
- Now, BEFORE you adhere to the card base, add your ribbon at the top left corner. If you are good at tying bows, go ahead and make your bow and adhere. If not, there is a way to “cheat” to get the effect I have here. First take a small piece of your ribbon and secure it diagonally across the upper left corner. Then using your 10-second bow maker (Huh? you say — see below for another great tool to have in your craft room), make a bow, put small glue dots on the back of it and adhere to the ribbon on the card. and there is your perfect bow that others will ooohhh and aaaahhh over and ask how you made such a beautiful bow!
- Using dimensionals or pop dots, adhere the sentiment to the lower right corner of your card as shown.
- To finish off the inside of your card, cut a piece of Whisper White CS 5 1/4″ x 4″, stamp your sentiment, and adhere to the inside of the card. That’s it. So easy.
Now, more about the 10-second bow maker I mentioned above.
Here is a video on how to use this product and order one if you so desire. Maybe your hubby is good with wood and can make you one. Regardless, it is a great tool to have and because of this tool, I make more bows on my cards. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncOzPSRUMKs
Well, that’s it for today!